In the following articles, I will be enumerating a couple of home remedies for people who have eczema.
1, Coconut oil- Coconut oil is a very safe product that can be used by our body. Now if you have eczema, this can greatly help by putting a thin layer of coconut oil to the affected area as It will help in cooling eczema itching pain.
2. Sea Spray – as for wet and oozing eczema, this is pretty good for it because this will assist in drying the affected area as it has salt in it. For this, we use homemade salt and magnesium spray. We can usually hear people saying that when they go to the beach – they felt better because of the Vitamin D, the magnesium and minerals in the water.
3. Fermented Cod Liver Oil- This sounds nasty and, to be honest, this does not taste good at the same time. This supplement is pricey, but it is a guarantee that gave results or significant difference from adding this to their regimen including the skin. It can taken in gel form, and if you give it to your kids, you can mix it in their smoothies for them not to notice it.
4. Magnesium Baths- Well some other people who have eczema when they do baths it could worsen it, so it is best to consult a doctor first about this, and for those who is fine with it, we suggest having magnesium baths because it can be helpful in aiding eczema. So you can add a cup Epsom salt in your tub or magnesium flake and a few tablespoon of Himalayan salt. They say that they have noticed a quicker effect of transdermal magnesium (these salt baths) than taking the internal form of magnesium.
We will share you the easiest recipe for the magnesium bath:
- ½ cup of Epsom salt or magnesium flake (magnesium salt absorbs more quickly)
- ½ cup of Himalayan or Sea Salt
- ½ tsp of natural vanilla extract
- 10-15 drops of essential oil, your choice of pick ( I love lavender or mint)
5. Probiotics- same as the Fermented Cod oil mentioned above, this also has the noticeable difference when it comes to the skin because probiotics and probiotic-rich foods are now missing out in our modern diet. People rarely see that we need these kinds of gut bacteria can help our health. So we highly suggest that you should also include these in your diet when treating eczema.
6. Additional Gelatin Related food- so homemade nutrient dense bone broth is very easy to make.
In choosing the bones for broth, look for high-quality bones from grass fed animals, Since you will be extracting the minerals and drink them in concentrated form, you want to make sure that these are fresh and healthy, right?
You can also find the following by saving the leftovers from your roast chicken or duck or turkey or goose (should be pasteurized)
From a local farmer who raise grass fed animals
From a local butcher
Homemade Healing Slave -Now this is beneficial for removing scars from eczema. Here is the recipe that you can use in making your own:
Healing Salve Ingredients
- 2 cups olive oil or almond oil
- 1/4 cup beeswax pastilles
- One tsp echinacea root (optional)
- 2 Tbsp dried comfrey leaf
- 2 Tbsp dried plantain leaf (herb-not banana!)
- 1 Tbsp dried calendula flowers (optional)
- One tsp dried yarrow flowers (optional)
- One tsp dried rosemary leaf (optional)
There you have it all. These home remedies for eczema can help you out with your skin problem. Just always remember that you need to take care of your skin just like taking care of your hair and teeth.